Last updated: 21.10.2020
Innovations in the ski area
All lifts for the winter 2020/21 season are open, and we want you to arrive more quickly and comfortably in the ski area. We have therefore taken the following measures:
- You can pay your parking fees in Andermatt via an app.
- You can purchase ski tickets contactlessly in our webshop.
- The Gütsch-Express now has 20 percent more gondolas. Together with new visitor guidance, this means you get on the mountain faster.
- The Gemsstock and Andersmatt – Oberalpass – Sedrun ski areas will be open from 8 a.m. on weekends and at high season.
- Annual pass holders and guests of Andermatt Swiss Alps group hotels (The Chedi Andermatt, Radisson Blu Reussen, Andermatt Alpine Apartments) can get on the mountain even more quickly, with the Gütsch-Express Prime-Line.
- Face coverings are compulsory in all buildings open to the public. This applies to restaurants, hotels, valley and mountain stations, information offices, gondolas, cable lifts ect.
- Slots for the Gemsstock cable lift can be booked either in advance via an app or on location using the monitors provided. A coffee bar makes the wait easier.
- The mountain restaurants in the SkiArena Andermatt-Sedrun have increased their outdoor seating capacities by over 50 percent, with warm blankets provided for guests. Outdoor snack points make it easy to grab a quick bite to eat. Seating can be reserved.
- Contact tracing is obligatory in all gastronomy facilities.
- You can reserve your equipment in advance at the new sport shop in Andermatt railway station, Sports & Rental Gleis 0. Just arrive, get changed, and get skiing
"Security has always been an import aspect of our work, and “safety first” counts more than ever this particular year. In order to ensure our guests and employees are protected in the current situation, additional measures are needed this season. I’m well aware that some of the changes might cause inconveniences, and so I kindly ask for your understanding and patience.
In return, you can be sure that we will do everything possible to ensure safety for both you and ourselves during our favourite activity. Be it in the ski area or in our hotels and restaurants: all staff have been made aware of the measures and received the necessary training.
All employees of the Andermatt Swiss Alps group wish you a safe and eventful stay in Andermatt."
Raphael Krucker, CEO Andermatt Swiss Alps
Let’s work together for a safe and fantastically exciting winter!
Keeping you safe while skiing has always been our highest priority. In addition to the measures introduced by the Federal Office of Public Health, the cantons and industry associations, we have devised the following guidelines to ensure both you and ourselves are protected.
To protect us all:
- We have installed protective glass screens at many locations
- Floor markings and barriers have been installed indoors
- Hand sanitiser is provided at central locations
- Scheduled cleanings have been increased
- Mouth and nose coverings are obligatory in the indicated indoor areas
- Our employees have been equipped with personal protective equipment
- Additional capacities set up in the outdoor areas (e.g. in restaurants)
We ask you to:
- Always wear a mask in indoor areas and in gondolas and cable lifts
- Bring your own face covering for mouth and nose (alternatively, these are available from us for a fee)
- Pay for your tickets and activities online wherever possible
- Book places (for e.g. gastronomy or activities) in advance
- Respect the floor markings and barriers
- Make contactless payments whenever possible
- Regularly wash and sanitise your hands
- Observe minimum distances of 1.5 meters (if not possible a mask is required)
- Keep contact times with people outside your party to a minimum
- Pick up physical tickets from your hotel or other sales point
- Talk to one of our employees if you have any questions
- Take part in contact tracing
- Forgo your ski trip if you are symptomatic or unwell
We work continuously and without compromise to ensure your safety, so please do your bit to create a safe working environment for our employees. Please adhere to the guidelines.